Rewards - pay, benefits and compensation
Four generations, one workforce and multiple reward strategies
April 16 2021 - A one-size-fits-all approach won’t cut it for the majority of employees, and it would be wrong for employers to determine benefits based on age alone.
Employee rewards: the gift that will keep giving in 2021
January 22 2021 - Leaders must find exciting new ways to reward and motivate their people to boost productivity and loyalty.
A radical re-think of DB funding?
September 16 2020 - The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is looking to shake up how it regulates the funding of defined benefit pension schemes.
TPR's guidance for consolidators is just the beginning
July 14 2020 - The Pensions Regulator (TPR) recently published guidance setting out the new interim regime for defined benefit (DB) consolidators and the framework for their authorisation and regulation.
Rewarding YOUR frontline workers: call-centre staff
May 13 2020 - Now, more than ever, employers need to think about how to keep all staff feeling motivated and supported.
How to Establish a Salary Range for Your Employees
December 28 2019 - Want to set a pay scale for your employees, but don't know where to start? Then read on to learn what is a salary range and how it is determined here.
Five Reasons To Review Your Employee Benefits Package
December 24 2019 - Many employers are making changes to their benefits packages in order to attract more employees and reward the ones that they already have.
Loosening the strings on HR and Payroll
December 3 2019 - With 2020 just around the corner, it's that time of year to start looking ahead at what's to come.
Election Announced - HR impact
November 6 2019 - Vestd Response to Labour's plan to give shares to employees
Employee Share Schemes: How Do They Work?
September 17 2019 - This post looks at the three most popular types of employee share scheme, what they are and how they work.
Safeguarding HR and payroll data in the digital age
April 3 2019 - When it comes to handling sensitive data, HR and payroll professionals have a lot on their plate.
Duvet Days - What Are They, And Should You Offer Them?
February 5 2016 - Let's be honest, plenty of us pull 'sickies' in order to have a Duvet Day. Which is why some companies are cutting right to the chase and making Duvet Days a legitimate thing.
The Importance Of Offering Health Benefit Packages To Improve Employee Efficiency
October 30 2015 - Research has shown that not only does a good health benefits package both help to attract employees to a company, it also helps to retain existing staff.
Travel Incentives - Why HR must get them right
September 10 2015 - Money spent on incentivising staff is an investment and it's an investment in the most important aspect of any company, the people who work for it.
National Minimum Wage Increases
March 17 2015 - The adult (aged 21 and over) minimum wage rate will increase from £6.50 to £6.70 an hour in October.
Rise in UK Living Wage good news for low paid workers
November 27 2013 - Over 30,000 low paid workers stand to benefit from a rise in the 'UK Living Wage' rate worth up to £400 a year recently announced during Living Wage Week at the start of November
Gloomy Outlook For Pay And Jobs
December 29 2008 - The CIPD's annual Barometer Report forecasts that 2009 is likely to be the worst year for jobs in two decades.
Women's Low Pay At Root Of Child Poverty
June 23 2008 - Research from the TUC, the End Child Poverty coalition and the Fawcett Society has concluded that women's low pay is not just a cause of poverty, but also has major consequences on their children's living standards.
- Boardroom Pay and the Risk Myth
- The Changing Pattern of Benefits
- Employers Cut Back on Christmas Rewards
- FTSE 100 executives pull ahead
- TUC comments on minimum wage survey
- CIPD responds to government pensions white paper
- Wide variation in European maternity benefits
- Directors' Bumper Pensions
- Pension Scheme Websites
- Top Ten Excuses For Not Paying Minimum Wage
- £22m Share Bonus For BT Staff
- Young Workers Need to Start Saving
- British Airways Raises Retirement Age
- Top Executives Losing Out?
- 1998 Survey on employers' pension provision
- Childcare should be boosted
- European public holidays
- Fat - and not so fat - cats
- Industrial Society survey shows twice as many flexible benefits schemes for staff
- Corporate managers a main source of fraud
- Call for National Minimimum Wage increase formula
- How Much Should I Pay My Employees? A Guide to Setting Salaries
- PC Perks
- New Pensions Protection Fund
- HR Directors ahead in the pay stakes
- TUC calls for an October Bank Holiday
- Scrooge bosses
- New Guide to Stakeholders Pensions to help UK employers
- UK top managers (almost) the best paid in Europe
- Gender Pay Gap Narrows