What is Soft Signage, and How Can it Help Your Business?
September 12 2021 - The soft signage industry is seeing unprecedented growth, with an increasing number of businesses adopting this highly visual marketing method to promote their brand.
However, what is the difference between hard and soft signage, and why should you invest in the latter?
Letís take a closer look.
What is soft signage?
Soft signage is the term that describes any digitally printed fabric signage. These are usually printed on polyester-based textiles and occasionally on natural materials such as cotton or a cotton blend.
Soft signage is often seen at trade shows, on backlit displays, in retail stores and in the form of flags and banners.
If you are a sign printer, digital textile printing for soft signage applications offers you an innovative way to expand your services and offer something a bit different to your customers. Soyang Europe provides a wide range of printable fabrics that are perfect for digital printing.
What are the different types of soft signage?
As touched on above, soft signage is defined as the display of graphics printed on a textile or textile-based fabric instead of graphics printed on a rigid material such as a billboard.
Some of the most popular categories of soft signage are:
- POP or POS displays
- Indoor wall graphics
- Tradeshow displays
- Block outs
- Outdoor advertising
- Backdrops for TV or theatre
What are the benefits of soft signage?
There are multiple benefits to choosing soft signage over other types of advertising, including:
- Easy to transport. Due to their lightweight nature, soft signs are easy to transport from one location to another, which can help cut the cost of shipping.
- Easy to install. Soft signs are easy to install, saving you both time and expense.
- Easy to store. If you are not yet ready to use your sign or you want to put it away over the winter, then you can easily fold it up and store it away.
- Affordability. Soft signage is more easily affordable than traditional sign material.
- Durability. Soft signage can be washed, steamed, and refreshed repeatedly without affecting the quality and finish of the product.
- Reusable. Soft signs can be used time and time again as long as they are cared for properly.
- Multiple colours and designs. Whatever your brand style, there is a wide range of colours, sizes, and designs to choose from.
- Quality finish. Soft signage offers sharp image quality and a luxury finish.
- Flexibility. They can stretch or fold to fit any structure.
- Versatility. They can be used for indoor and outdoor purposes.
- Environmentally friendly. As well as finding soft signs that are made using recycled materials, you can also use your signs time and time again, making them much more eco-friendly.
Whether you want to promote an event, launch a new location, push a particular product, show a special offer, or simply guide your customers around your shop, soft signage provides an innovative and professional way to market your brand to your target audience.