Overview of HRM
Based on Chapter 24 of Human Resource Management in a Business Context (2nd Edition) by Alan Price - published by Thomson Learning
The objectives of this section are to:
Evaluate whether or not HRM has been meaningfully implemented and, if so, to what extent.
* Investigate the form it may take.
* Determine the principal driving forces for the implementation of HRM.
* Summarize evidence for its effectiveness.
* Consider trends and future developments for the human resource function.
- The status and significance of HRM
- HRM and globalization
- HRM and 'best practice'
- Driving forces of HRM
- The impact of HRM
- What next?